Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thing #15

http://delicious.com/rmart4

It's one thing to bookmark within your browser, Delicious is a whole other thing! Delicious puts a spin on bookmarking! I can remember writing research papers and making lots of bookmarks. Then forgetting what each bookmark was about as I went back to cite my sources. Where was delicious back in the day???

This site allows you to add EASILY add keywords and make notes, while bookmarking the page. How helpful is that? Just install, add some keywords, heck you can even just highlight some. Then login to your Delicious page and ta da...everything is nicely arranged for you. Had I thought of it, I'd probably be a little richer monetarily speaking. LOL I'm reccommending this site to my kiddos and my colleagues since many are in grad school. Not only is it helpful for citing sources, but it can be helpful for doing other research like large purchases (cars, high end electronics, houses).

I'm so glad to find an all new level of organization! When I teach classes that require science fair research, my kids will get a "how to" on this site so they can stay organized and not lost in clutter. I can easily get their links from their username and this can help me keep an eye on their progress in their research paper.

No comments: