Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thing #16

I absolutely loved this site. It has so much information that I can utilize in my classroom. The only thing I wasn't too fond of was the Early Reviews link on it. It is a wonderful idea to be able to get free books and after reviewing the list, there were some great books. However, all the requests for books were closed. I was going to read the rules for requesting a book, but the only way I could do it was to create an account.

The 50 book challenge is something that I would like to utilize in my classroom. My students would be able to track their progress and blog about it. The fact that I can search millions of titles at the touch of a button is amazing. I remember when I was taught the dewey decimal system as the main search factor and even then it was only in my school library. My students are growing up in an age where technology is key in succeeding.

No comments: