Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thing #19

This is yet another great resource that I have found useful for use personally and professionally. I especially enjoyed the http://voicethread.com/#q+science.b10243.i70627 voicethread. The pictures of the students engaged in the project and the way they put their own voices to explain what was happening was fantastic.

Each school year we always start with water displacement to find the volume of irreuglar objects. I think this would be a great site to show before conducting the lab so the kiddos know what's expected of them.

Professionally, I can see myself creating pictures of various organisms and the students would have to label the parts. I think this would really benefit those students of mine that are visual learners. It's also an easy way for a group of students to evenly contribute their part in a group prooject. In my personal life, I would like to utilize voicethread to connect with my family members who live out of town. We can send eachother pictures and allow for comments to be left.

No comments: