Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thing #21

Google on steroids...

Google is amazing, so many tools. I've been meaning to get an educator liscense since I've seen first had how powerful it is compared to Adobe PhotoShop. Perhaps I will do whenI'm done with this course???

The two tools I chose were iGoogle and Calendar. iGoogle is very nice, visually appealing, and tailored just for me. I have the sweet dreams theme, added the virtual aquarium, sudoku games, and optical illusions. I like having the calendar handy, my email snapshot, the local headlines, weather, and cartoons at my disposal. Not sure how this one can be used educationally except that it keeps you somewhat organized and a nice little stress releaser.

The calendar is great to use as an everyday calendar. It only took two minutes to set it up, so easy to use. It's also easy to share via a link, or share with individuals. Repeating appointments are just like the ones in outlook and you can set your status to busy, free, etc. It also lets you to add details like times, places, and notes. Love it! It would be great to share a calendar with my kiddos AND their parents so EVERYONE always knows due dates and what we're learning.

No comments: