Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thing #23

This is another wonderful site that this blogging experience has allowed me to become familiar with. The discussions in the forum on the classroom2.0 website were of great value. Are interactive whiteboards necessary was particularly beneficial. I was glad to hear that another educator found a comparable, if not better, way to utilize interactivity in their classroom while saving money, which is always a good thing for educators. I have a found a new way to engage my students with an experience they will never forget. That is priceless. I plan on using this new found knowledge of these sites on a regular basis to look for different ways to assist my students and coworkers. It is good to know that we have these resources available to us.

Another NING website I checked out was Teachers2.0. Through the forum I read about twitter. Students have cell phones and love to text in class. With twitter they can send instant updates via sms text messages. This can be used for classroom collaboration, and instant quizzes. It would also be great for brainstorming ideas and taking class surveys.

No comments: